Yoga Philosophy Workshop
Yoga Philosophy Workshop
Sunita’s yoga philosophy sessions and workshops are know for her in-depth understanding of yoga philosophy and her ability to make it accessible for modern times. Sunita’s practical approach is catalyst for radical change in participants approach towards emotional, physical and social well-being , which triggers personal transformation.
Although no one knows for sure when Yoga began, the practice has been evolving for at least 2,500 years. Traditional sources are clear about one thing: Yoga is a practice, and if correctly applied, will result in liberation. Apart from having faith that this is true, there is nothing practitioners need to believe.
The most famous definition of Yoga, from Patanjali’s sutras, says that Yoga is about stilling mental activity. But there are many streams of thought in yoga and we do find many different systems, and their theories are mixed and matched in different ways at different times. This yields changes in priorities and techniques and can be very confusing. In order to make sense of modern Yoga, Sunita simplifies these philosophies in smaller chunks and helps practitioner to build practices for their individual needs.
Who is it for?
Clarify key spiritual concepts of yoga philosophy, inspire and deepen your understanding of yoga beyond the rational mind. It is our aspiration that Sunita’s yoga Philosophy workshops will help you go deeper in your spiritual practice.
What to Expect?
- Yoga mats, blankets, chair and other necessary equipments will be provided.
- Feel free to bring your own mat / folding chair for hygienic purposes.
- Sit comfortably either on floor or on chair.
- Take as much support as you need.
- Bring a bottle of water and wear comfortable, breathable clothes you can easily move in.
- Please contact Sunita before attending the sessions.
- Come five minutes early so you can fill up ‘student’ form.
- Please enter and leave quietly so that you are not disturbing other students.
- Keep your mobile phones switched off during the sessions.
- If possible, take off your shoes and socks before you walk into yoga place.
- These sessions are very interactive.
- Feel free to ask questions by raising your hand.
- Sunita will try and answer as many questions as possible.
- Remember to be respectful of other yoga students, which includes recognising your own chatter, or anything that might be disruptive.
“Sunita’s yoga classes are a complete mind-body-spirit workout, I always leave feeling completely grounded yet at the same time have a lightness of being that comes from such a pure practise.”
“Her patience, concern and intuition for our needs for that particular day astounds me. We all leave stretched, clearer, happier in mind, muscles worked and better able to deal with the rest of the week.”
“I had never tried yoga before and didn’t really know what to expect. Since then I have told all my friends that practising yoga is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me for many, many years.”
“Through her expert guidance Yoga has helped me to focus and keep my life in meaningful balance. I not only improve my physical health and flexibility but also gain much needed mental energy”
“Sunita always manages to tailor the classes perfectly to each individual and you really feel as though you are getting one on one instruction.”
“Her knowledge of yoga is vast and all of us benefit in our own ways. A very caring & dedicated teacher!”
Alison B. Gordon
“A superb teacher of infinite patience, radiance and wisdom. Each class is well planned and varied.
“Sunita was my guiding light during my cancer journey. She has helped me immensely.”